Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Jerrie







Good Morning on this special day of the Year for "moi"..

It is my birthday today.. .so...pardon my narcissism.. but I want to celebrate it with all of you because it is a good moment to share. Hey I am alive and kicking. Right? And so are you in spite of our challenges. We certainly have enough rough moments lately so why not take a few moments to light the candles on our imaginary cake & make our wishes as we blow out the candles and join me in my special moment and remember that life is good. Happy Birthday to all of us.

Grab your coffee or better still let someone bring it to you. Hey I am here alone sipping my coffee that I made myself Thank you very much. I have already received messages via the texting, Facebook , and emails wishing me Happy Birthday One of them is from my niece's son, Dalton Steiffel and I think that this is such a loverly surprise that he would remember me because we do not interact at all lately. Our lives are on different journeys. I remember him for his spunk, his energy, his love of life and his wonderful head of hair matching his handsome self and he obviously has good taste. Right? Well bless him for his kindness. He is now a grown up young man at Jesuit.


I also just had a text from Brett who is my sweetheart grandson and he is about to go to his new school but before he did he had to shave. I can't believe it. They have checkups for the right haircut and the clean no fuz look. My 14 year old handsome grandson is growing up. Talk about birthdays.


Not to worry age is something that does not matter unless you are cheese, i.e. We may as well enjoy our birthdays and move on. I love some of the greetings from google:

“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.
"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.“
"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world."
“It takes a long time to grow young.

Birthdays have good news and bad news..

Good news : Birthdays are important. Statistics show that people who have the most live longer.
Bad news : You reach an age when your back goes out more than you do.

Good news: Few women admit their ages.
Bad news: Few men act theirs

More messages are coming in. I wonder how can I expect people to remember my birthday when I never look any older?

Speaking of birthdays and aging, inside every older person is a younger one wondering what the hell happened. So there are the two of me and I am wondering why my mind and soul are alive and kicking and my body is hanging like the heavy rained branches on the tree outside.and my arthritic joints are hollering out to me, " Ever think about smoking a joint? "

As though. Advil will have to do. Thank you very much.


So as I start my special day and I blow out my special candles, my wishes will be for all of you.... that L J is soon up and about ..that Ted Carter gets better and finds peace with healing.. that Liz Burton meets her challenge once again tomorrow with the chemo and that she knows that she is in God's Hands....that God continues to bless my family and friends.. that each of us knows that whatever we pray for.....whether it be a job or a healed relationship.. or whatever.. that the happiness is not in the goal itself but in our hearts and souls. No matter what happens; we can trust ourselves and God to steer ourselves on the right path to peace and joy.

And as for having my birthday and I will not be 39 anymore, I like to recall the English proverb.. "The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune"

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be..." Robert Browining

Big Hugs & Kisses & .....again Happy Birthday ...One & All.....Mom... Nana .. Aunt ...A K A ..Jerrie


No comments: