Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ok...so today is April Fool's Day. I have my own thoughts about "fools". First my friends feel that whenever I make a fool of myself it is only temporary. Thank Heavens. I have noticed, too, that I am not alone. I seem to surround myself with lots of other fools. And I have a special fondness and trust in fools..since I am one myself. So here is my April Fool's Day toast to all. So grab your coffee.

Mark Twain said that we celebrate this day to remind us of how we are the rest of the days of the year. He also said "Let us be thankful for the fools ; but for them the rest of us could not succeed."

If you ask me the best test of another's sense of humor is to play a joke on him. If he laughs he has humor along with humility. If he does not he is a real fool because it is in being able to laugh at ourselves that we find salvation in our humility.. We recognize our limitations and our shortcomings. We know are not Gods. The wise can play the fool but the proud self-centered ones are the genuine fools for they perceive themselves as Royalty.

So raise your coffee to all of those who know the difference.

No comments: